Friday, July 2, 2010

Food Waste Friday | Week Two

So today's episode of Food Waste was brought to you by mere accidents. For example, Tuesday morning I wake up and see half a package of opened cream cheese on the floor. It must have fallen out of the door when I was putting things away and I just didn't notice it.


I currently work at a restaurant which gives me great free food perks. For example, I get to take the hummus when it has "gone bad" according to store policy. However, it is usually good for at least another week. I have had so many cucumbers lately, that hummus really helps use them up. However, I noticed the other day the top of it was bulging (from the gas it emits, I guess?). So it is no more. Compost it becomes!

There is also a scoop of slaw that I put aside on the coffee table while I ate something else. I totally forgot about it, and woke up to find the wilted salad. No picture, it just went straight to the trash.

The orange juice is not mine. It really should have been in last weeks post, but I completely over looked it because it's not my property. My lovely roommate purchased it back in May (yeah.... gross) and didn't finish it before leaving for Fiji.


P.S. If you use Juicy Rewards, I'll totally give the code to whoever asks about it first in the comment section. I'm just a coke points girl here. We won't discuss my Diet Coke addiction just yet, it ain't a pretty picture.

Thanks to Kristen at The Frugal Girl for turning me on to this love... I mean... grossly adventure.

1 comment:

  1. In my defense, there was a LOT going on before I left for Fiji, and orange juice just wasn't high on the priority list. ;-) Sorry roomie, and I'll make it up to you when I finally get home!

    ReplyDelete