Sunday, September 26, 2010

Weekly Menu | Week of Sept 27

The thing about last week was, it was a lot like the previous week. Social engagements caused us to eat out a bit. Thursday we went to the new Railroad Park. It's a fantastic space! Friday night Dennis had VIP passes to The Sidewalk Film Festival. We skipped dinner because there was a pre-party to the opening night film. So that meant free food and drink. However, we ran late and by the time we got there all that was left was chicken salad on crostini and some broke pita chips. So what did I have for dinner? Four glasses of red wine and a bite of chicken salad. Let's just say I had a good time.

I did see some excellent films this weekend. My favorite was Exit Through the Gift Shop. I volunteered so I was able to see my fill of films for free!

Something very exciting happened this weekend in Alabama. The heat wave finally broke and the weather man claims that the 90+ heat should not return. This is exciting and sad at the same time. Exciting because I am ready for the new season, but sad cause I know that I will be perpetually cold until March 2011.

So here is this week's Menu! I am going to be cooking a lot to freeze. I have some vegetables that must get used up now before they go bad (to avoid a Food Waste Friday like this). These soups and dinners will come in handy in the dead of winter when I don't get boxes. AND I think I did an excellent job of keeping the budget under control!

Monday: Okra with Tomatoes and Ginger, Whole Grain Rice Pilaf , Salad
Tuesday: Corn and Black-Bean Salad Bundles, Lime Cilantro Slaw
Wednesday: Lamb Chops with Lebanese Green Beans, Whole Grain Rice Pilaf, Salad
Thursday: Golden Summer Squash and Corn Soup, Salad
Friday: Fiesta Bean Burritos
Saturday: Sweet Potato Soup, Leftovers
Sunday: Spaghetti with Fried Eggs, Leftovers

Cooking to Freeze:
Double batch of Sweet Potato Soup
Double batch of Golden Summer Squash and Corn Soup
Eggplant Parmesan
Cajun Tomato Soup (if I have any tomatoes left over at all)


What does your menu look like this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment