Sunday, September 19, 2010

Weekly Menu

Sometimes you make a plan and it doesn't work. Last week is a prime example. Just didn't follow any of my plans... Some things came up in our schedules and when we did have time I was too tired to cook. The funny thing about planning menus is that you can't always plan the mood you will be in 4 days from now. Last week, I did manage to make a frittata to use up some eggplant and squash. And I made the stew today but won't be eating it until tomorrow.

There will be some repeats from last week, because I still have the items on hand to use up. Some of the meals are for two and some are just for me when Dennis is busy working. I am aslo trying to get back to sticking to the budget again. So some things aren't even really recipes (Wednesday for example). But who said you need recipes?

Some new things I am also trying is the Sneaky Chef approach. Not because Dennis is a picky eater, but because he picked out the book and I like the idea of boosting the nutrition of our food. But if your boyfriend is picky then the cookbooks might really help you.

Monday - Sweet Potato African Stew
Tuesday - Boiled Shrimp, "Fried" Okra, Sneaky Chef Slaw
Wednesday - Dinner out w/Friends
Thursday -Sneaky Chef Tuna Salad over lettuce and tomatoes
Friday - Fiesta Been Burritos
Saturday - Spaghetti with Fried Eggs, Sliced Tomatoes
Sunday - Black Bean Smothered Sweet Potatoes & Side Salad
Tuna Salad w/Tomatoes & Crackers

No comments:

Post a Comment