Saturday, December 18, 2010

My Christmas Tradition | Part Three

Kristen over at The Frugal Girl wrote a really great post about giving back during the holidays. Specifically, how she is raising her children to give back. I was truly touched and made me happy to have a mother who taught me to do the same.

Kristen shared this amazing video that I am also posting below.




It's a little pompous of me to say that I am downsizing my Christmas when I can't really go all out regardless. But I am not going to disregard my desire to keep holidays simple. Currently, I am trying to take a stand on Christmas that will hopefully stay with me for the rest of my life.

For me, I hope Christmas will always be about tacky sweaters from thrift stores, seeing Christmas movies at the Alabama Theatre, giving to those in need, decorating with my mom's homemade ornaments, eating lavishly with good friends & family, and cooking up sausage balls on Christmas morning.

Do you think about simplifying Christmas? Or do you love the luxury of the season too much to do otherwise? Tell us all about it in the comments section.




No comments:

Post a Comment