Sunday, September 12, 2010

Weekly Menu

For a while I was doing great with planning the menus and making sure they fit into our budget. What has happened is that I plan a menu, but don't really consider the cost. The side effect is that we usually skip grocery trips here and there so that we stay within the budget. Then we can't find convenient times or the energy to go the store. So we eat out.

I've also let my eating habits go downhill just a bit. Dennis and I have both expressed desires to eat healthier and for whatever reason I keep finding ways to eat out, eat cake, and generally anything that I shouldn't eat. So hopefully the blog humiliation factor will kick my butt into gear.

So the goal is to post a menu plan every Sunday. Keep in mind, I don't get my box until Wednesday and sometimes what they say will be in the box isn't always what's in the box. But that is part of the adventure of cooking. Also, breakfast and lunch during the week won't be posted. I am generally eating lunch from work and Dennis usually eats leftovers.

Monday - Eggplant Parmesan over Whole Wheat Pasta
Tuesday - African Sweet Potato Stew
Wednesday - Okra and Chickpea Curry over Brown Rice
Thursday - Dinner out with Friends
Friday - Fish and Chips & Lime Cilantro Slaw
Saturday - Black Bean Smothered Sweet Potatoes & Side Salad
Tomato Soup over Whole Wheat Couscous & Side Salad
Sunday - Fish Tacos with Pineapple Salsa & Lime Cilantro Slaw



We are shifting into a new season of produce, but I still have a few tomatoes that are keeping well. For example, peaches are still in the box but now I am getting sweet potatoes and cabbage instead of tomatoes and squash. All of the recipes for this week are new for the blog, but several of them I made last year. I'll also probably be freezing some stuff later in the week. So lots of good things to look forward to on the blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment