Friday, October 15, 2010

Food Waste Friday | Sometimes crap happens...

Well my lovely readers, it has been a rough week for Mandy. I spent some of it recuperating from my out of town work trip and most of it contemplating the purpose of life.

The stress of everything made me clean instead of cook (not necessarily a bad thing). So now I have a nice clean apartment, but didn't cook a thing. Literally. The week isn't over yet, so we'll see what happens. The most I can hope for is a cook and freeze marathon on Sunday to keep more stuff from going bad.

Needless to say, I have a lot of food waste.

1.5 lbs of catfish fillets
6 cups of lime cilantro slaw
1 small head of lettuce (I can't seem to make myself eat it! I love salad!!)
An egg (cracked open but never used)
Okra and Rice
1 Lemon

And probably some other things.

Just so you know, the blog may be a little slower the next couple of months as I recoup. But I do not plan to give up on the blog just yet. I want to at least cook for a complete year before I throw in the blogging towel.

No comments:

Post a Comment